Thursday, March 17, 2011

I'm backkkkkk

It's one of those things. Where the fear of facing your opposition exponentially gets worse with every day you avoid it.

My opposition? This blog.

Yep, I said it. It came out of nowhere, a whirlwind of extenuating circumstances that initially kept me away. Then it started snowballing, and I got as close to completely signing offline as I have in the past 5 years. Soon, I was scared to sign on and see what I missed. This finally led to acceptance and then empowerment. I knew what was going on in the world because I watched CNBC, not from status updates on Facebook! I only had to hear about Charlie Sheen occasionally, not constantly as a #trendingtopic. [#winning became more irritating than Chuck Norris jokes- if you don't know what I'm talking about read this.]

So here I am, at my current point. Where I'm checking back into the social networking scene because I feel like I have too. I'm scared I missed a message, post, or tweet that would have seriously changed my life.

I didn't. [One of the most interesting/ironic things I found during my catch up session: social media's plateau.]