Sunday, March 20, 2011

Twitter: Back to Basics

So I'm slowlyyyy trying to reintroduce myself to this wonderful social networking world, and I've decided it may be a good thing to start out with the toughest hurdle first.

Twitter.

Even though I use it, I've got to be honest. I just don't get it. I've always felt like it was a lot of work, that it required way too much active participation. But I've had a revelation.

I think it's one of those stereotypical "if-you-don't-know-of-course-you'll-never-understand" type of things. After reading a couple of pretty standard Twitter How-To articles, I realized that there have to be people out there using Twitter just like me. This idea is further substantiated by all of the Twitter applications that are out there to help! A few of the most exciting for the slightly unenthusiastic Twitter users like myself:

Timely allows you schedule your tweets. (Hello not having my phone on me at all times!)


Proxlet helps block out some of the extra "Twitter noise". I wish I would have known about this when I decided to follow Charlie Sheen for 1.5 days.

TweetDeck is like the streamline planner of Twitter. Instead of being overwhelmed by the never ending stream that appears when I normally log in, everything is nicely organized how I want it to be. 

Knowledge is power. I feel better already.